Location: Reston, Virginia US
Requisition Number: 1798
Location: Reston, VA
Job Type: Full time/Salary with full benefits
For a large financial services client, we are seeking an Enterprise Architect with significant AWS and financial services industry experience to navigate a plethora of existing systems and processes with the goal of optimizing and integrating technology systems and policies.
- Work across numerous products in enterprise cloud and data architecture.
- Focus on cloud migration for business applications including Cloud & Data Architecture service evaluation, solutioning, pattern development, and governance across the enterprise.
- Work with engineering, security, risk, and resiliency teams to establish solutions and patterns and governance guidelines.
- Work with business area portfolio architects with developing solution designs that are compliant with enterprise architectural and security guardrails.
- Collaborate with senior business and technical personnel to deliver a robust scalable architecture that meets the business goals of the enterprise.
- Develop the architectural design at the reference model level.
- Produce designs of complex systems, including requirements discovery and analysis, formulation of solution context, identification of solution alternatives and their assessment, technology selection, and design configuration through the consistent use of recognized design methods.
- Provide technical expertise in enterprise architecture.
- Analyze, define, and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, and network connectivity, other systems interfaces, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
- Work with big data architecture using AWS native tools such as EMR (with spark), DMS, Kinesis, S3, and Redshift.
- Define core and support technology, data entities, business functions and/or subject areas that transcend organizational and functional boundaries.
- Incorporate strategies and engineering tools for introducing new technology into the enterprise infrastructure-related business processes.
- Study and measure the impact of proposed scope changes to future architectures.
- Oversee multiple projects in order to preserve the architectural vision and protect stakeholder interests as well as to meet operational and financial reporting requirements.
- Create performance metrics and traceability maps to determine the effectiveness of architecture solutions and facilitate governance. Keep abreast of relevant architecture best practices.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field. Master's Degree preferred.
- AWS Solution architect associate strongly preferred
- TOGAF certification strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with a GSE client environment (Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac) or large banking institution.
- 8+ years of experience of relevant professional experience.
- Extensive cloud native solutions architecture experience with AWS Cloud technologies at IaaS layer (network, compute, storage) and managed services such as ECS, EKS, RDS, Aurora, SQS, SNS, Kinesis, ElastiCache, ElasticBean Stalk, IAM, AWS Secrets Manager, Cognito and others.
- Experience with architecting and designing for Resiliency, High-Availability, Fault Tolerance, and Scalability in context of AWS Cloud.
- Experience with big data architecture using AWS native tools such as EMR (with spark), DMS, kinesis, S3, and redshift strongly preferred.
- Cloud solution architect experience with AWS cloud services, different database patterns (relational, nosql, graph). modern application architecture including containers, 12 factor application, devops, web security, authentication/authorization, and Infrastructure such as DNS.
- Strong working knowledge of more than one design method and experience deploying parts of methods appropriate to the situation.
- Experience building complex technical documents, procedures, reports, briefings and proposals.
- Strong knowledge of Services Oriented Architecture and Agile Development Methods, systems design, development, and interconnectivity.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required and an aptitude for engaging with senior level executives.
- US Citizen/Permanent Resident required. This is a full time, salaried position with full benefits which will require you to live locally to the Washington, DC metro area. We do not have the option to utilize third parties for this role.
Community / Marketing Title: Enterprise Architect
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Reston, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.