Location: Washington, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 1801
For a large financial services client, we are seeking a Data Engineer with strong experience in Talend, ETL and Data Transformation. In this role you will apply basic knowledge of a variety of data mining and data analysis methods, familiarity with common large data processing techniques, computational programming capabilities, practical problem-solving skills, and an ability to articulate solutions to non-technical consumers or partners. Partner with existing data engineering and data management teams and apply data mining techniques to external or created data sources in preparation for analysis or use of enterprise data assets.
- Gather general information about needs and current capabilities, data availability and alternative uses from product/business owners, data engineers, and platform teams.
- Build upon basic predictive analytic capabilities to enhance the delivery of business applications to support the integration of data and statistical models or algorithms. Applies industry standard practices in research and testing to product development, deployment, and maintenance.
- Partner with more experienced staff to design data visualizations, technical documentation and non-technical presentation material to communicate ideas and solutions to business partners.
- Define data attributes and align to enterprise data standards.
- Engage with SME's and Stakeholders in Joint Requirements Development (JRD) sessions and Join Requirements Planning (JRP) sessions.
- Data Management and Data Quality by working directly with the Business Users and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to make sure that all data elements have accurate business definitions and the required Metadata is captured accurately, as per the Industry standards.
- Advise on data governance and tactical assistance.
- Perform a gap analysis of target state to current state environment.
- Lead UAT for new functionalities and enhancements.
- Write SQL Queries to access/extract data from different databases for data validation, back end testing, research, and ensuring correctness of data.
- Develop effective materials for documenting and communicating complex information to large public audiences.
- Provide project management analysis and review of policies, procedures, control documents, workflow diagrams, and other supporting documentation.
- 4+ years of recent and significant Data Analyst experience supporting financial services and preferably a GSE client.
- Experience with advanced quantitative methods techniques, such as regression, and Supervised Machine Learning methods strongly preferred.
- Strong experience with Talend
- Strong experience with ETL and Data Transformation.
- Strong experience migrating data to AWS Cloud.
- Programming experience with data gathering and analytics packages such as: SQL, R or Python and machine learning required.
- Strong analytics skills, able to assess business need, define an analytic solution, and execute using analytics that range from excel tables - to statistical or machine learning analysis.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Experience with technical writing preferred and track-record for strong presentations skills a plus
- Experience with operational and capital risk analytics and models a plus
- Experience with enterprise data, metadata, and data models.
- Experience with Agile Scrum is required.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters preferred.
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Data Engineer
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.