Customer Success Manager
Location: McLean, Virginia US
Requisition Number: 1807
Location: This is a remote, work from home work environment but you will need to live locally to the Washington, DC area with client visits to locations in Fairfax County, VA and Washington, DC as needed.
The Oakleaf Group is looking for a Customer Success Manager to expand upon our existing, long-standing success providing financial services clients with initiative support for strategic projects including analytics transformation and risk management. In this role you will work closely with internal and external senior leaders, PhD economists, financial engineers, project managers and quantitative, technology, regulatory, and operations SMEs to develop practical yet robust strategies. In collaboration with Oakleaf's marketing, procurement, and talent acquisition professional services team, you will represent The Oakleaf Group as the partner of choice to our clients.
- Develop a thorough understanding of The Oakleaf Group's client engagement history, value proposition and service offerings with a core client base.
- Leverage and expand Oakleaf's considerable knowledge base to understand our client organizations, their influencer networks, and how they collaborate across matrixed initiatives to implement strategic long-term transformational change.
- Initiate discovery conversations to listen to our clients and respond with solutions tailored to their specific needs and industry challenges.
- Through a consistent presence on-site at client locations in the metro DC area, develop trusted client relationships and establish new engagements with current, former, and prospective business area leads.
- Propose solutions to client managers and business leaders to deliver Oakleaf's resource solutions and project execution services.
- Work with Oakleaf's professional services delivery teams to meet and exceed client expectations through the life of the engagements.
- Bring client and industry intelligence back to Oakleaf to contribute to the evolution of our service offerings to meet the needs of a changing market.
- Introduce Oakleaf's value proposition to selective new clients that align with our strategic growth objectives.
- Represent Oakleaf at industry events.
MUST HAVE prior and recent professional experience supporting a Government Sponsored Entity (Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac) navigating the complex internal structure of the organization. This is a critical requirement for success in this role.
A background in financial services, quantitative analysis, project management, business intelligence, or the mortgage industry.
Demonstrated understanding of professional services delivery and client procurement processes.
Familiarity with the challenges faced by project leaders and initiative owners when implementing transformational projects, including organizational challenges, systems, tools, and processes.
A professional track record of documenting discussions, meetings and opportunities. Experience and interest in building on existing processes and documenting knowledge management.
Exceptional communications and relationship building skills.
Must have a strong sense of client dedication, customer service mentality, professional executive presence, and the ability to build trust with clients.
A successful track record with client development is preferred. Alternatively, prior GSE business-side expertise such as quantitative analytics or big data, with a desire to shift into a client development role.
Bachelor's degree is required.
Community / Marketing Title: Customer Success Manager
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: McLean, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.