Technical Project Manager
Location: Washington, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 1824
For a large financial services client, we are seeking a Technical Project Manager with a Scrum Master background who can support both the development team as well as leadership engagement. The Technical Project Manager / Scrum Master is responsible for effectively and efficiently managing the development sprints from planning to execution to review in an agile development environment. Your role will include running daily scrums, managing the product backlog, collaborating on requirement documentation, managing support tickets and unblocking barriers to keep the team moving. You will be responsible to communicate and collaborate primarily with the engineering, customer success and senior management teams. The ideal candidate will be able to collaborate with cross-functional teams, demonstrate strong leadership abilities.
- Facilitate daily stand-up, iteration planning, sprint review, and iteration retrospective.
- Run team meetings on progress, timelines, budgets and deliverables and report up to leadership.
- Manage the engineering development projects and facilitates sprint releases.
- Create or analyze business requirements documents and project timelines.
- Guide team in time estimating practices and facilitates team estimates.
- Drive team iteration execution
- Communicate with management and stakeholders, protect the team from uncontrolled injections of work.
- Manage project conflicts, challenges and dynamic business requirements to keep operations running at a high performance.
- Work with the team leads to resolve people problems and project roadblocks
- Conduct post mortems and root cause analysis to help teams continuously improve their practices to ensure maximum productivity.
- Lead team effort in relentless improvement, define and implement improvement stories to increase the velocity and quality of the program.
- Proactively identify and eliminate impediments and facilitate flow.
- Maintain team data in project management software to support estimates and execution Presents high level project readouts for senior management Supports product owner(s) with intra-team dynamics with respect to priorities and scope
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters preferred.
- Certified Scrum Master certification required.
- 5+ years of project management experience.
- 2+ years leading sprints in an agile product development environment. Expertise with agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Deep understanding of the fundamentals of iterative and incremental development.
- Strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules and practices.
- Strong understanding of SDLC and Agile procedures to predict the development teams’ needs.
- Solid experience working with development teams to assess and size story/epics.
- Experience and comfort with presenting project readouts to Executive level audiences.
- Deep understanding of agile metrics (tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.) to analyze and improve sprint planning.
- Ability to understand and represent both the business and technology.
- Excellent communicator in person, over the phone and through email.
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Project Manager
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.