Location: Herndon, Virginia US
Requisition Number: 1827
Location: Herndon, VA (role will begin virtually but will require local residency)
Job Type: Full Time Salary with benefits
For a large financial services client, we are seeking an Application Architect with significant AWS and financial services industry experience to navigate a plethora of existing systems and processes with the goal of optimizing and integrating technology systems and policies.
- Support the portfolio architecture demand to cover many parallel projects.
- Provide design and technical guidance for many corporate systems projects. These projects range from AWS applications, data analytics, and SaaS vendor integrations.
- Provide strategic oversight and planning for applications architecture and design.
- Coordinate the development of new software system applications.
- Provide technical expertise in software architecture.
- Review system capabilities, workflows, and scheduling limitations.
- Analyze, define, and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, and network connectivity, other systems interfaces, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
- Incorporate strategies and engineering tools for introducing new technology into the enterprise infrastructure-related business processes.
- Ability to translate requirements into designs for systems that involve multiple interfaces and supporting data repositories.
- Study and measure the impact of proposed scope changes to future architectures.
- Monitor trends in system architecture and software development and engineering; and recommend training in software development technologies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field. Master's Degree preferred.
- AWS Solution Architect certification required. Additional related certifications are a plus.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with AWS.
- Should be experienced in architecture blue print developments, and architecture development for agile implementations.
- Should have proven track record of identifying target state architecture & business benefits, architecting & presenting solution options, guiding solution implementation to achieve target goals.
- Should have strong architecting experience with AWS managed cloud services (S3, ECS, Containers, API based architecture, etc ).
- Should have strong experience in event driven service based architecture.
- Knowledge of event sourcing pattern and microservices architecture required.
- Should have experience designing a hybrid architecture using key AWS technologies (e.g., Direct Connect, Transit Gateway).
- Good understanding of AWS well architecture review process and guideline.
- Relevant experience in designing real-time systems for Capital Markets trading and operations systems highly desired.
- US Citizen/Permanent Resident required.
This is a full time, salaried position with full benefits which will require you to live locally to the Washington, DC metro area. We do not have the option to utilize third parties for this role.
Community / Marketing Title: Application Architect
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Herndon, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.