Application Architect with Data/Security
Location: Herndon, Virginia US
Requisition Number: 1845
Location: Herndon, VA (role will begin virtually but will require local residency)
Job Type: Full Time Salary with benefits
For a large financial services client, we are seeking an Application Architect with significant AWS and financial services industry experience to navigate a plethora of existing systems and processes with the goal of optimizing and integrating technology systems and policies.
- Support the portfolio architecture demand to cover many parallel projects.
- Provide design and technical guidance for many corporate systems projects. These projects range from AWS applications, data analytics, and SaaS vendor integrations.
- This is a design role with hands-on Python or Java to develop proof of concepts in AWS.
- Provide strategic oversight and planning for applications architecture and design.
- Coordinate the development of new software system applications.
- Provide technical expertise in software architecture.
- Review system capabilities, workflows, and scheduling limitations.
- Analyze, define, and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, and network connectivity, other systems interfaces, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
- Lead development of system prototypes to demonstrate application of design principles.
- Incorporate strategies and engineering tools for introducing new technology into the enterprise infrastructure-related business processes.
- Ability to translate requirements into designs for systems that involve multiple interfaces and supporting data repositories.
- Understanding with good object-oriented design principles and UML (unified modeling language) modeling techniques.
- Study and measure the impact of proposed scope changes to future architectures.
- Support the development and maintenance of data models, data dictionaries, data maps and other architecture artifacts.
- Monitor trends in system architecture and software development and engineering; and recommend training in software development technologies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field. Master's Degree preferred.
- AWS Solution Architect certification required. Additional related certifications are a plus.
- 2+ years of hands-on AWS Architecture experience.
- Strong experience with multiple technical architecture disciplines required including: AWS, Infrastructure Architecture, Security Architecture, and Data Architecture.
- Strong experience with at least one of the following:
- Data Analytics solutioning experience in AWS cloud using AWS native services (EMR, Redshift, Athena etc.), Apache Spark framework and using Python, or R
- OR Security Architecture for applications, software products, middleware, and SaaS solution integrations.
- Good understanding of Enterprise data containers including TDS, ODS, Data warehouse, DataMart and Enterprise Data Lake.
- Experience with performance optimizations such as improving scalability, availability, demand, continuity, etc.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and documentation skills
- Prior experience with a GSE client environment (Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac) or large banking institution is strongly preferred.
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required and an aptitude for engaging with senior level executives.
- US Citizen/Permanent Resident required. This is a full time, salaried position with full benefits which will require you to live locally to the Washington, DC metro area. We do not have the option to utilize third parties for this role.
Community / Marketing Title: Application Architect with Data/Security
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Herndon, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.