Location: Bethesda, Maryland US
Requisition Number: 1850
In this position you will be responsible for making appropriate and intelligent decisions to identify deficiencies and fraud through a forensic and detailed review of each mortgage loan file, ultimately drafting a repurchase demand letter according to the related company, industry, and federal guidelines. You will also be responsible for performing sufficient investigative work to detail any fraudulent components.
Our ideal candidate will have strong working experience with forensic underwriting for litigation, frontline underwriting experience and due diligence underwriting working on multiple projects. You will also have had signature authority in the past, an extensive knowledge of residential appraisal deficiencies, as well as previous experience in using industry 3rd party tools to identify various forms of misrepresentation.
- Bachelors degree preferred or equivalent current professional experience.
- 3+ years of experience as a forensic underwriter with strong emphasis on fraud investigation, forensic reviews and due diligence
- Experience in Forensic review and Forensic & Litigation Consulting
- Prior underwriting role where you had signature authority (signed loans)
- Exceptional attention to detail is required along with any additional experience with QA or QC is a plus
- Thorough knowledge of complex personal and/or business financials and the ability to review complicated tax profiles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience working successfully from a home office in a quiet location with proper internet connection. Some of our specialized equipment requires a wired connection to the internet
The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Third party candidates will not be accepted.
US Citizenship/US Permanent Residency required.
Community / Marketing Title: Forensic Underwriter
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bethesda, Maryland US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.