Scrum Master/Project Manager
Location: Washington, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 1854
For a large financial services client, we are seeking a Scrum Master/Project Manager to support a Cloud migration project for a fast-paced environment supporting Capital Markets Risk Management technology at Fannie Mae. In this role, you will join a team of Scrum Masters and Release Train Engineers with an opportunity to help shape the team, its direction, and how you will collectively improve the offering for your customers. You will also demonstrate servant leadership as you partner with your stakeholders to introduce and reinforce agile principles. The ideal candidate will be able to collaborate with cross-functional teams, demonstrate strong leadership abilities.
- Manage tasks and projects for a major Cloud migration and implementation project using AWS technologies. Familiarity with tools and technologies used in an Cloud implementation project would be valuable.
- Utilize experience in working with functional areas and stakeholders to deliver technical capability to serve as a Scrum Master and Release Train Engineer in Capital Markets Risk Management Technology at Fannie Mae.
- Manage project delivery milestones through tracking features, user stories, and tasks in Jira and helps coordinate and track the progress of all items with help from agile team members to help keep the milestones on track, identifying issues/delays as they occur.
- Aggregate data from Jira and other sources and delivers presentations to tell the story about the health of a Program Increment to peers, management, and officers.
- Support directors, managers, and teams in the development and management of their backlog throughout the PI planning and execution process.
- Develop demand and capacity models to assist leadership in making tradeoffs between competing priorities.
- Serve as a servant leader and evangelist for agile practices, mindset and continuous improvement.
- Works with a team of Scrum Masters and RTEs to prepare for, facilitate, and continuously improve the division’s PI Planning processes.
- Facilitate the discussions of complex, high value IT delivery projects that require the coordination of development work or technology work on multiple platforms to achieve desired functionality.
- Build understanding of the broader view of enterprise goals and strategies, recommends better alternatives.
- 4+ years leading Agile Scrum teams.
- 6+ years of software development experience (i. e. analyst, tester, developer).
- Experience serving as a Scrum Master, RTE, PM or equivalent in scaled Agile environments.
- Previous experience working as a Scrum Master/PM in a Cloud implementation project initiative.
- Familiarity with Cloud implementation tools and technologies in managing and executing on project tasks is highly desirable.
- Previous experience in the mortgage industry or banking sector is a plus.
- Agile experience/knowledge of key agile techniques including SAFe, Kanban, Lean, XP, and Scrum.
- Hands on Scrum Master, Project and Program Management skills
- Strong negotiation and Influencing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- JIRA and Confluence Expert skills
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Scrum Master/Project Manager
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.