Front Line Mortgage Underwriter
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan US
Requisition Number: 1855
The Oakleaf Group is seeking virtual Mortgage Underwriters who can support our client to evaluate and underwrite conventional and government loans as well as, Jumbo and self-employed mortgage loans nation-wide according to specific state and federal requirements limiting the risk exposure to the lender. Collect and organize required loan and property documentation to make appropriate decisions on the acceptability of the investment risk using established guidelines of lender, secondary market investors, and applicable state and government regulations. The ideal candidates will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in residential mortgage loan Underwriting and ensures careful analysis of credit package to ensure loan salability. Experience with Conventional, DE, LAPP & SAR, USDA loans is highly preferred.
- Review of all loan documentation submitted, included but not limited to analysis of loan application, credit, income asset, and liability documentation to calculate the risk assessment.
- Conduct careful risk analysis and exercise judgment based on experience to approve or deny loan files and ensure that loans meets the various loan program requirements in order to successfully resell the loan on the secondary market.
- Verify data entry in Encompass, and AUS findings are accurate.
- Assist internal customers in finding loan programs for various borrowers, documenting and presenting files.
- Underwriting of mortgage loans using guidelines based on investors specifics and FNMA and FHLMC specifics.
- Clearance of all prior to doc conditions to ensure loan quality and smooth closing process.
- Assist in clearance of suspense items for individual end investor.
- Continuing training of internal customers to ensure external customer satisfaction.
- Contact external end investors for difficult scenario questions in order to determine the salability of mortgage loans.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred with a concentration in finance or business.
A minimum of 3 years as mortgage loan underwriter, reviewing FNMA and FHLMC; conventional loans.
- Proficient in DU & LP.
- Encompass experience is preferred, but not required.
- Advanced knowledge of mortgage/equity loan processing, closing and documentation requirements and regulations.
- Proven ability to underwrite the average required amount of loans per day based on current volume and meet deadlines.
Third party candidates will not be accepted.
US Citizenship/US Permanent Residency required.
Community / Marketing Title: Front Line Mortgage Underwriter
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Kalamazoo, Michigan US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.