Senior Mortgage Processor
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan US
Requisition Number: 1856
The Oakleaf Group is seeking virtual Senior Mortgage Processors who can support our clients with front line mortgage processing for new origination files. The ideal candidates will have experience processing and closing a minimum of 15 loans monthly while maintaining a pipeline conducive to meeting the minimum requirement. Employee must maintain a quality rating of 90% or greater (defined as percentage of loans approved at initial submission to Underwriting). As a Senior Processor you must ensure the timely and compliant closing of all types of residential mortgage loans within established deadlines.
- Maintains a secured environment to process loan files while maintaining necessary pipeline management to ensure timely closings of all loans at a 90% COE success ratio or higher.
- Procures verifications for credit items which include, but are not limited to: employment, asset information, rental history, credit reports, etc.
- Researches and verifies account information and resolves problems for customers as needed.
- Liaisons with third party vendors (appraisal, title, insurance, etc) to obtain necessary documentation for loan approval.
- Reviews documentation and provides conditions for loan approvals needed to comply with underwriting guidelines: borrower documentation, credit, and collateral documentation.
- Analyzes and interprets financial data to fit established parameters set by industry.
- Understands and uses computer programs and systems for the tracking and processing of loans – LOS and AUS systems.
- Provides support duties for management and loan officers as needed.
- Ensures that all necessary disclosures (state, federal and company specific) are provided to client as required.
- Communicates any concerns on possible misrepresentation or fraudulent documentation/activity to Branch Manager and/or Processing Supervisor, if necessary.
- Communicates any and all issues affecting loan process and approval with applicable loan officer.
- Works with underwriting and closing departments to ensure that quality of loan submissions is consistent with maintaining the efficiencies of the loan file flow.
- Communicates concerns or suggestions on improving overall systems to Processing Manager when appropriate.
- Assists with problem-solving when issues arise that involve the successful closing of requested residential loan.
- Strong reliability to effectively communicate sensitive information between clients and stakeholders.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience processing Conventional and Government loans (FHA, VA, USDA)
- Current experience in a paperless environment
- Knowledge of all mortgage and consumer lending regulations.
- Previous banking/financial services industry knowledge.
- Current experience with mortgage banking employer (not entire career at either big bank or builder mortgage company)
- Current experience with Encompass.
Third party candidates will not be accepted.
US Citizenship/US Permanent Residency required.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Mortgage Processor
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Kalamazoo, Michigan US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.