Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan US
Requisition Number: 1857
The Oakleaf Group is seeking virtual Mortgage Closer who can manage a pipeline of mortgage loans to process for timely and efficient closings and funding while providing superior internal and external customer satisfaction. Customer Service, Efficiency, Quality, and Attention to Detail are critical factors for success.
- Strong reliability to effectively communicate sensitive information between clients and stakeholders.
- Review incoming loan files for accuracy and completeness prior to closing.
- Arrange and schedule closings, prepare files for closing, generate documents, coordinate closings with attorneys, title companies and BCM origination staff.
- Prepare legal documents and disclosures in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Prepare all closing documents and disbursement sheets for mortgage loan closings and distributes to closing agent.
- Assemble post-closing package. Verify all documentation has been received, signed and dated. Assure loan package is correct, complete and ready for delivery to mortgage investors or loan servicing.
- Deliver loan packages to investors, track receipt and funding schedules and deadlines.
- Manage investor feedback and requests required corrections/documents from attorneys, borrowers, originators, vendors as required.
- Deliver post-closing required documents to investor in an expedient manner to maximize loan profits.
- Bachelors degree preferred (not required).
- 2+ years of recent and consecutive experience in residential mortgage closing.
- Possess a thorough understanding of laws and policies regarding compliance and closing situations.
- Experience identifying and resolving complex disclosure situations.
- Thorough working knowledge of software (LOS, Core, and Investor portals) required to close and post-close mortgage loan files.
- Full working knowledge of mortgage products and loan requirements for the full set of residential mortgage investors and loan programs. Familiarity with the technical aspects of conventional, Jumbo, FHA/VA, ARM’s, state bond agency and construction loan programs.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Acute attention to detail.
- A strong customer service mentality for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
Third party candidates will not be accepted.
US Citizenship/US Permanent Residency required.
Community / Marketing Title: Mortgage Closer
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Kalamazoo, Michigan US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.