QRM Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Washington, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 1873
Location: Washington, DC Area
This will begin as virtual but may move to on-site at some point in 2021
The Quantitative Risk Management (QRM) Infrastructure Engineer will build and manage the QRM and Windows infrastructure. This role requires strong expertise with the networking side of Quantitative Risk Management, HPC, cluster setting, VMWare implementation and administration.
- Configure and administer the QRM Infrastructure which is a single platform for data management, valuation, forecasting, hedging, and reporting.
- Upgrades, infrastructure changes, and tuning and expanding the use of the software.
- Responsible for all QRM infrastructure management and upgrade.
- Upgrade QRM software and implemented HPC solution in new infrastructure.
- Design and implement QRM Gold database best practices and created QRM data governance and policy.
- Help to build the QRM expertise knowledge base for the team.
- Troubleshoot issues that need to be resolved, especially after upgrades.
- Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering strongly preferred. Microsoft Windows certifications a big plus.
- QRM enterprise infrastructure subject matter expert with 5+ years of experience.
- Extensive Quantitative Risk Management (QRM) & Management Repository (MR) tool support experience.
- Strong QRM & MR configuration and tuning for optimal environment performance.
- Significant experience in QRM installation/upgrades across multiple server architecture.
- Strong experience with HPC administration and SSAS database administration.
- Must have experience with database ETL services/tools (specific SSIS experience).
- Strong Windows OS/Windows SQL Server support experience.
- Demonstrated experience with SQL and stored procedures.
- Prior work in both Unix and Windows scripting.
- Ability to work well in a large cross-functional environment with multiple business and technical stakeholders.
- Demonstrate effective organizational skills supporting Agile team dynamics and timelines.
- Experience with Autosys job scheduling preferred.
- Expertise with cluster setting and VMWare settings.
- Experience migrating to AWS is a big plus. Work is currently on-prem but will migrate in the near future.
- Knowledge of mortgage finance, specifically, loan lifecycle preferred.
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: QRM Infrastructure Engineer
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.