Python AWS Developer
Location: Washington, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 1879
We have an immediate position available for a Python AWS Developer with Model Risk experience to support the Enterprise Model Risk Team of one of our large financial institution clients.
- Model Risk Management support.
- Perform operational tasks to support model risk management activities
- Provide technology support for model risk reporting and documentation quality assessment
- Provide assistance in regulatory engagement, audit support, governance, and process improvement
- Run various ad-hoc analyses relating to risk management initiatives.
- 5+ years of experience with model risk management and development, validation or governance of statistical, economic, financial or mathematical models for a bank, or within a GSE, or in an advisory firm working with same.
- Knowledge of quantitative risk management and supervisory guidance on Model Risk Management OCC 2011-12/SR 11-7.
- Hands-on experience with Salesforce.
- AWS developer experience
- Experiences in fast-paced matrix project environment with good communication skills.
- Familiarity with model development or model risk management activities preferred, such as those using data science and NLP tools.
- Proficiency in open-source coding (e.g. Python) preferred.
- Experience implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments.
- Business knowledge on mortgage industry.
- Ability to assess the model calculations and data.
- Experience understanding and analyzing quantitative data.
- Master's degree or PhD in Economics, Statistics, Finance, Financial Engineering, or Business preferably with an emphasis on quantitative risk or valuation modeling.
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Python AWS Developer
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.