Location: Bethesda, Maryland US
Requisition Number: 1881
We have an immediate position available for a Mortgage Underwriter for Litigation support.
The ideal candidates will have a minimum of 6 years’ experience in residential mortgage loan Due Diligence and/or frontline Underwriting. Essentials for this position are the ability to perform forensic re-underwriting reviews and analysis of credit reports, title documents, the ability to recalculate income and assets according to varying business rules, an extensive knowledge of residential appraisal deficiencies according to USPAP, as well as previous experience in using industry 3rd party tools to identify various forms of misrepresentation. Candidates will be considered who have achieved a high level of expertise in these areas in addition to a level of writing proficiency sufficient to adequately and precisely summarize their analysis and findings for our clients.
- Review previously underwritten loan files to determine compliance with lender credit underwriting guidelines and representations and warranties and to ensure an investment quality loan product.
- Review re-verified loan documentation and post-closing servicing documentation for evidence of misrepresentation in the original loan submission.
- Accurately and efficiently maintain a pipeline of loan file audit/review inventory, meet production requirements, and communicate status to management.
- Compile findings into a summarized report with attending exhibits.
- May be asked to research and analyze data to assist management in identifying trends and anomalies which can be utilized by the client to achieve their goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent current professional experience.
- Minimum 6 plus years of residential mortgage underwriting experience with knowledge of private/investor/Alt-A/ Subprime industry guidelines, Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac guidelines as well as understanding of DU, LP and private label Automated underwriting engines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Analytical ability with an aptitude for figures.
- Ability to work professionally as part of a team servicing an external client.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under specific time constraints.
- Proficiency in Salesforce, Excel, and Word a plus, but not an essential.
Third party candidates will not be accepted.
Community / Marketing Title: Forensic Underwriter
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bethesda, Maryland US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.