Quantitative Modeling - NLP/AI
Location: Washington, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 1886
Use Natural Language Processing (NLP), Artificial Intelligence (AI), and Machine Learning (ML) principles, advanced techniques, and theories to support model risk management operations.
- Recommend improved methods and techniques to provide innovative, thorough, and practical solutions that support business strategies and initiatives, as well as better ways of conducting or assessing ad hoc quantitative analyses, modeling, or programming using SAS, SQL, R, or Python.
- Utilize advanced data mining and/or statistical techniques to develop analytic insights, sound hypotheses, and informed recommendations. Identify opportunities to apply quantitative methods to improve business performance.
- Provide subject matter expertise on Natural Language Processing and Artificial Intelligence to support model risk management.
- Inform the team's technical direction for validation or testing strategies and assessment of quality and risk of model methodologies, outputs, and processes and applying understanding of relevant business context to interpret model results, monitor performance, and assess risks.
- Advanced degree in quantitative field such as Finance, Economics, Statistics, Math or Computer Science. PhD strongly preferred.
- Focused experience in artificial intelligence (AI), including machine learning and natural language processing (NLP).
- Skilled in AWS cloud technologies and cloud computing.
- Expertise in using statistical methods, including: developing and testing hypotheses, using experimental design, and running linear and logistic regressions.
- Computer programming using Open Source languages including Python and R.
- The group of skills related to Risk Assessment and Management including evaluating and designing controls, conducting impact assessments, identifying control gaps, remediating risk, etc.
- Experience in the process of analyzing data to identify trends or relationships to inform conclusions about the data.
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Quantitative Modeling - NLP/AI
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.