Model Software Implementation Validator
Location: Washington, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 1888
We have an immediate position available for a Model Software Implementation Validator to help review the LIBOR to SOFR migration models from the model implementation perspective for one of our large financial institution clients.
- Validate financial models.
- Develop quality model validation reports.
- Design and perform independent model validation testing.
- 5+ years of experience with model validation and development of statistical, economic, financial or mathematical models for a bank, or within a GSE, or in an advisory firm working with same.
- Must have software engineering experience (SDLC)
- Strong experience writing quality model validation reports.
- Experience implementing models or reviewing model implementation quality is a big plus.
- Knowledge of quantitative risk management and supervisory guidance on Model Risk Management.
- Experience with LIBOR to SOFR migration is a plus.
- Must have programming experience with at least one of the following: Python, Java, and R.
- Experience designing and performing independent model validation tests.
- Experiences in fast-paced matrix project environment with good communication skills.
- Ability to assess the model calculations and data.
- Experience understanding and analyzing quantitative data.
- Must have experience working with AWS cloud.
- Experience with financial modeling is a big plus.
- Master's degree or PhD in Economics, Statistics, Finance, Financial Engineering, or Business preferably with an emphasis on quantitative risk or valuation modeling.
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Model Software Implementation Validator
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.