Technical Writer - Application Documentation
Location: Washington, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 1892
Duration: 6 months
For a large financial services client, we are seeking a Technical Writer to create/update user documentation for a Capital Markets risk application.
- Manage the development of end user training materials and documentation to include user guides, quick reference guides and tutorials. Create and maintain all necessary documentation in accordance with the PHC Guidelines, SDLC, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and business system best practices.
- Responsible for achieving documentation objectives by performing documentation tasks. Must work closely with developers to achieve all project schedule documentation deliverables.
- Responsible for evaluating documentation to ensure it is comprehensive, accurate and right-sized to meet project objectives.
- Responsible for maintaining relationships with other support teams to be aware of changes that may impact documentation SOP’s.
- At least 5 years of professional experience documenting databases, applications and technical systems.
- Some familiarity with capital markets risk is a big plus.
- Must have experience writing user documentation.
- Bachelors degree required, Masters degree preferred.
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Writer - Application Documentation
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.