Location: McLean, Virginia US
Requisition Number: 1893
Project Duration: 3-6 months
We are looking for a Software Engineer to support our large financial services client.
- Translate complex mathematical, business, and financial modeling logic into software code.
- Hands-on backend microservices & API development using Java Spring Boot, Node.js, REST, JSON, Docker, Kubernetes, NoSql databases, MongoDB/PostgreSQL and Tomcat with full ownership of software architecture, design and development.
- Develop and test APIs
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
- Agile Development: Collaborate with and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions in a full-stack development tools and technologies and partner with Product/Business teams.
- Leverage DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Masters preferred) in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or Finance or a related discipline preferred.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience and proficiency with Full Stack Java.
- 2+ years experience with developing microservices
- 2+ years experience developing APIs
- Strong expertise with SQL
Strong experience working on Financial modeling & analytics applications
Proficient with Unix/Linux environment
Highly experienced with Agile practices and methodologies
Experience with the full Software Development Life Cycle
Hands on experience with Container Technologies like Docker.
Experience with CI/CD with knowledge of Git Hub, Maven and Jenkins.
Hands on experience with building RESTful Web Services.
Expert knowledge of Linux/Unix environment and shell scripting.
Ability to lead complex architecture and design white-boarding sessions.
Experience in object modeling, designing data models and database schemas, and solving scalability issues.
- Strong experience with event-driven Microservice Architecture.
Financial industry and analytics experience highly desired.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: McLean, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.