Manager - Economic Consulting and Risk Modeling
Location: Bethesda, Maryland US
Requisition Number: 1894
We are looking to expand the Oakleaf Modeling & Analytics team by hiring a Manager/Project-Leader. This role will be involved in risk advisory, and complex, high-profile litigation involving financial securities, structured finance, and mortgage-related products.
- Manage case work progress, engaging in and overseeing development of client deliverables against budgets, providing status reports, and collaborating with team members on a broad range of consulting engagements.
- Engage in the formulation of hypothesis for research and investigation of complex economic and financial problems, supervising research activities to obtain relevant data, and overseeing advanced analysis of data.
- Review and analyze securities contracts, offering documents, prospectuses, company financial statements, and other contractual and/or regulatory filings.
- Construct and validate cashflow models for mortgage-backed securities, econometric and predictive models, and/or valuation models.
- Create compelling research reports and client presentations.
- Mentor associates and provide guidance and support in resolving complex problems.
- Interact with clients frequently to ensure that expectations are aligned.
- Keep leadership informed of progress and issues.
- Support leadership in new service offering and client development.
- 3+ years of managing or creating project deliverables in a consulting environment.
- Proven thorough knowledge of one or more structured finance products (RMBS, CMBS, CLOs, etc.), securities derivatives, and other asset classes.
- Strong client management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting.
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting.
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team leader.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff.
- Ability to gather, process, and analyze large data sets, using Python and/or R, SQL, SAS, VBA.
- Experience with financial modeling, deal structures, bond calculations, and valuation.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics, engineering, or related field. Master's degree or PhD preferred.
Community / Marketing Title: Manager - Economic Consulting and Risk Modeling
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bethesda, Maryland US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.