Jr. Project Manager
Location: Herndon, Virginia US
Requisition Number: 1906
For a large financial services client, we are seeking a Project Manager with a business analyst background who is adept at summarizing technical information into engaging PowerPoint decks. The Project Manager is responsible for effectively and efficiently managing the project schedule, meeting organization and meeting minutes, briefing presentations and project reporting.
- Organize and facilitate meetings, prepare presentations, and capture meeting minutes.
- Run team meetings on progress, timelines, budgets and deliverables and report up to leadership.
- Create or analyze business requirements documents and project timelines.
- Work with the team leads to resolve people problems and project roadblocks
- Conduct post mortems and root cause analysis to help teams continuously improve their practices to ensure maximum productivity.
- Proactively identify and eliminate impediments and facilitate flow.
- Maintain team data in project management software to support estimates and execution
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2+ years of project management experience
- Expert knowledge of PowerPoint and building engaging presentation decks.
- Understanding of SDLC and Agile procedures to coordinate with development teams.
- Experience working with development teams to assess and size story/epics.
- Experience and comfort with presenting project readouts to stakeholders.
- Understanding of agile metrics (tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.) to analyze and improve sprint planning.
- Ability to understand and represent both the business and technology.
- Excellent communicator in person, over the phone and through email.
Community / Marketing Title: Jr. Project Manager
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Herndon, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.