Financial Modeling Python Developer w/Machine Learning
Location: Washington, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 1910
Location: Fully Remote/Virtual
Duration: 6 Months+
The Financial Modeling Python Developer w/Machine Learning will provide support to our large financial services client. This position is fully remote.
- Apply moderately complex mathematical, statistical, and econometric techniques to provide innovative, thorough, and practical solutions that support business strategies and initiatives. Conduct or assess ad-hoc quantitative analyses, modeling, or programming using SAS, SQL, R, or Python.
- Utilize advanced data mining and/or statistical techniques to develop analytic insights, sound hypotheses, and informed recommendations. Identify opportunities to apply quantitative methods to improve business performance.
- Apply experience and skill to complete modeling projects aligned with established company policies and industry-wide modeling practices.
- Implement validation or testing strategies and assess the quality and risk of model methodologies, outputs, and processes. Apply understanding of relevant business context to interpret model results, monitor performance, and assess risks.
- Communicate complex technical subject matter clearly and concisely, both verbally and through written communication, such as white papers, review reports, or workpapers.
- Bachelors degree in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Financial Engineering, or similar. Masters preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- 4+ years of Python object oriented programming experience
- 1+ year of Machine learning experience
- Advanced knowledge of econometrics and macro-economic modeling
- Experience applying time series modeling to economic applications
- Knowledge of Monte Carlo methods and other numerical methods
- Familiarity with derivatives pricing a plus
- Experience with AWS and migrating models to the cloud is strongly preferred.
- Skilled in documentation and database reporting for the purposes of analysis, data discovery, and decision-making with the use of relevant software such as Crystal Reports, Excel, or SSRS
- Experience evaluating businesses, projects, budgets, and other financial entities or instruments to determine viability, stability, and performance
- Skilled in presenting information and/or ideas to an audience in a way that is engaging and easy to understand
- Expertise in using statistical methods, including: developing and testing hypotheses, using experimental design, and running linear and logistic regressions
- Skills related to Programming including coding, debugging, and using relevant programming languages
- Experience gathering accurate information to explain concepts and answer critical questions
- Experience in the process of analyzing data to identify trends or relationships to inform conclusions about the data
- Business Insight including advising, designing business models, interpreting customer and market insights, forecasting, benchmarking, etc.
- Focused experience in artificial intelligence (AI), including machine learning and natural language processing (NLP)
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Financial Modeling Python Developer w/Machine Learning
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.