Sagemaker / Domino Machine Learning Expert
Location: Washington, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 1911
For a large financial services client, we are seeking a Machine Learning Engineer with expertise in Sagemaker and Domino to support migrating/deploying machine learning models in their AWS environment. The primary role will be to migrate on-premises Python/R based research code onto the AWS Sagemaker platform to enable model development and Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence in the target state.
- Provide hands-on support and customer-facing consulting on cloud, analytics and machine learning systems.
- Collaborate with teams to analyze, document, and implement complex requirements.
- Collaborate with team of modelers and researchers to define and determine modeling assets to migrate to AWS environment.
- Convert, transform, and deploy existing machine learning models in AWS environment.
- Migrate existing machine learning models to AWS using Sagemaker and Domino.
- Write well designed, testable, and efficient code using Python and R.
- Work on Python and/or R code to refactor them for Sagemaker/AWS use.
- Perform automated testing for all new models being developed.
- Evaluate and deploy software tools, processes, and metrics.
- Collaborate with research teams to guide and enable them to migrate to the cloud
- 2+ years of Machine Learning experience in AWS environment; expert knowledge of technologies: Sagemaker and Domino
- 5+ years of experience with Python programming.
- 2+ years of experience with R programming.
- Experience in processing large scale data, and an understanding of database concepts.
- Familiarity with AWS data and data lake systems using HDFS, S3, Redshift, Postgres and Parquet data formats.
- Experience with data lakes, data warehouses and Big Data infrastructure.
- Expert knowledge of Linux/Unix environment and Shell Scripting.
- Strong knowledge of data science and machine learning concepts.
- Strong experience with CI/CD using technologies such as Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, to support deployment of models.
- Strong logic, reasoning, and critical thinking skills to solve problems as they arise.
- Familiarity with Software Engineering tools, Software Development methodology and release processes.
- Familiarity with Git to support effective code repository for research code.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Masters preferred) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or a related discipline preferred.
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Sagemaker / Domino Machine Learning Expert
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.