Mortgage Servicing Compliance Leader
Location: Virtual-Remote, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 1923
Oakleaf is expanding its consulting capabilities in mortgage loan servicing. In order do so, Oakleaf is looking for an individual knowledgeable in all aspects of residential mortgage servicing, who can spearhead the substantive development of this service offering, as well as work with potential customers and the Oakleaf team to design and scope relevant engagements.
The successful candidate will have a strong knowledge of mortgage servicing requirements with a primary focus on the operations standards and regulatory requirements governing loss mitigation and fair servicing. The candidate will have a proven track record of translating regulatory and agency requirements into a compliance review process that leverages state of the art technology to deliver the service offerings contemplated. The candidate will be knowledgeable of industry issues, pain points and trends, including any regulatory updates tied to COVID-19. Ideally, the candidate will have experience working in a professional services firm.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Help identify areas for growth and build new service offerings addressing client needs in the servicing industry (e.g., quality control reviews verifying compliance with COVID-19 regulatory updates, general regulatory compliance reviews, and operational risk assessments)
- Oversee substantive development of offerings and ensure creation of scalable review processes
- Scope, manage, and independently execute professional services projects related to servicing compliance
- Participate in onboarding and support activities, provide oversight of services and rollout, ideate, test new service offerings, and conduct continuous improvement assessments
- Support business development by assisting with proposal development
- Maintain industry knowledge and identify current and future client issues
- Manage multiple projects, ensuring efficient project development, implementation, and completion
- Manage key vendor relationships and interaction with key outsourced service providers, i.e., technology platform/cloud provider, law firm supporting national compliance data base, etc.
- 10+ years of experience working in the mortgage servicing industry with a risk management and compliance specialization
- Strong and proven client/customer management experience
- Deep knowledge of residential mortgage servicing standards and best practices with the flexibility and adaptability to advise clients across a range of relevant topics.
- Deep knowledge of servicing requirements and guidelines promulgated by agencies including Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, VA, USDA/RHS, GNMA and the intersections therein.
- Deep knowledge of CFPB, DOJ, and OCC mortgage servicing requirements
- Ability to translate regulations and requirements into operational compliance audits
- Experience/knowledge of leading servicer systems
- Preferably previous management consulting experience in a service offering development role
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Proven track record in technology /data integration to facilitate deployment of technology solutions.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Bachelors degree required. Masters/JD preferred.
Community / Marketing Title: Mortgage Servicing Compliance Leader
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Virtual-Remote, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.