Python AWS - Cybersecurity
Location: McLean, Virginia US
Requisition Number: 1925
Role Type: Full time, salary with full benefits
We have an immediate position available for a Python AWS Developer to support the cybersecurity team of one of our large financial institution clients.
- Python development on enterprise applications that scan resources, catch vulnerabilities and alert application owners to issues.
- Design, Develop, Test, and Deploy new applications in a serverless AWS tech stack.
- Monitor and Update existing applications.
- Perform operational tasks to support cybersecurity team activities.
- Provide technology support for cybersecurity reporting and documentation quality assessment.
- Run various ad-hoc analyses relating to cybersecurity initiatives.
- 5+ years of Python development. This role requires advanced proficiency with Python.
- 2+ years experience supporting enterprise cybersecurity operations.
- AWS developer experience, AWS Lambda, Amazon S3 (Simple Storage Solution),
- Good experience with AWS SQS messaging, Amazon SES (Simple Email Service), Amazon SNS (Simple Notification Service)
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Dynatrace and Splunk
- Advanced understanding of serverless AWS concepts and operations, including AWS Step functions
- Java experience is a big plus
- Strong experience with Flask and REST API
- Must be an independent problem solver who can evaluate a situation and build solution options.
- Bachelors Degree in computer science, engineering or related is required.
This role is not open for third party hiring.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Community / Marketing Title: Python AWS - Cybersecurity
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: McLean, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.