AWS Developer with Python
Location: Virtual-Remote, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 1926
Location: Virtual, Eastern/Central Time Zones
For a large financial services client, we are seeking an AWS Developer with Python. In this role you will be focused on AWS Development and Architecture. We are looking for hands-on professionals who can build good technical solutions and then roll up their sleeves to implement the solution.
- Work with RedShift ETL to extract, transform, and load databases and data in AWS.
- Build the cloud computing processes working with large data sets and advanced analytics.
- Create processes to take upstream data from data lakes and data marts and apply logic to them using SQL and Python and stored procedures.
- Use primarily AWS native tools.
- Work with financial services data and insure that the data is secure and intact throughout migration.
4+ years of experience with AWS Development and Cloud Architecture.
- 4+ years of experience with Python
- Must have strong experience with SQL.
- 2+ years of experience with AWS S3 and EMR required.
- Strong experience with Amazon RedShift is required.
- Strong experience with data migration, cloud migration, and ETL.
- Strong experience with AWS Lambda, Fargate, SNS, Elastic Beanstalk, ECS, Sagemaker, and CloudWatch.
- Experience with AWS Code Pipeline and CI/CD
- Experience in processing large scale data, database concepts and SQL.
- Experience with job scheduling and Flyway.
- Experience with enterprise data lakes, data warehouses, data marts, and big data.
- Excellent communication skills to ask questions, clarify requirements, and engage with the team and stakeholders.
- Strong logic, reasoning, and critical thinking skills to solve problems as they arise.
- Adaptive to change: Demonstrated ability to problem solve on the fly and tailor your approach to the resources at hand.
- Must be an independent problem solver who can evaluate a situation and build solution options.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering or related is required.
- Experience with Jenkins is preferred.
- Experience with R is preferred.
- AWS Cloud certifications are a plus.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: AWS Developer with Python
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Virtual-Remote, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.