Jr. Financial Engineer
Location: Virtual-Remote, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 1929
Location: Remote/Virtual (Eastern Time Zone business hours)
W2 Salary, not open to third parties or contractors
For the Oakleaf Modeling & Analytics team, we are seeking a Jr. Financial Engineer with an interest in quantitative analytics and development.
The Jr. Financial Engineer would conduct analytical and reporting activities including collateral assessment, cash flow analysis, modeling, regression analysis, third-party due diligence, presentations, document reviews, etc. They would work in a collaborative environment with a strong focus on analytical and quantitative tasks. They must possess strong work ethics and attention to details. The Jr. Financial Engineer should be a fast learner, able to pick new tools and concepts up quickly.
- Collaborate with team members on various projects and tasks.
- Gather and store data using programmatic tools.
- Create processes to collect data and build tools to automate data collection.
- Manage and update databases.
- Apply programming languages, statistics, and mathematical models to analyze data.
- Apply creativity and technical skills to elicit objective answers from historical data.
- Adapt economic and financial theory to answer real life complex business problems.
- Find and visualize patterns and trends in analyzed data.
- Create robust econometric and financial cashflow models.
- Conduct statistical analysis, running regressions, and estimating damages.
- Analyze structured finance products, company financials and market data.
- Provide in-depth research and communication with project team members.
- Document workflows, processes, and products.
- Formulate compelling written deliverables.
- Create compelling reports and presentations for internal teams and/or external clients.
- Create presentations with charts and graphs to present to supervisors, and clients.
- Present the results of research and analysis in person.
- Advanced degree in financial engineering, economics, science or engineering preferred.
- Experience working with Big Data, databases, Python, SAS, STATA or R.
- Experience in numerical calculations and quantitative analytics required.
- Experience in C++ or equivalent language is a plus.
- Prefer financial services experience, or at least a strong relevant academic record (financial service internships or projects).
- Must be a true fast learner who is able to pick up new tools and concepts quickly.
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Jr. Financial Engineer
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Virtual-Remote, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.