AWS Solution Architect
Location: Virtual-Remote, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 1944
The AWS Solution Architect will support Modeling, Machine Learning, Analytics, and the Data Lake in an AWS cloud environment. This is an individual contributor role.
- Provide design leadership in large or complex development projects involving application development, migrations,
additions to existing applications.
- Review application in progress of development to ensure compliance with overall design parameters and corporate
- development standards.
- Determine the needs of the customer groups across multiple projects, programs, or products while identifying and resolving conflicting or complementary needs across customer groups.
- Design and develop software solutions to meet needs and may also lead matrixed teams.
- Apply extensive expertise in process-driven approach in designing solutions.
- Implement new software technology and coordinate simultaneous implementation tasks across teams.
- Oversee the maintenance of existing software.
- 6+ years of professional technical experience
- AWS Developer certification strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree with equivalent work experience in statistics, data science or a related field.
- Experience working with different Databases and understanding of data concepts (including data warehousing, data lake patterns, structured and unstructured data)
- Skilled in Machine Learning, Saas Modeling and with deep understanding of data lakes and Python.
- Skilled in cloud technologies and cloud computing
- Programming including coding, debugging, and using relevant programming languages
- Product Testing including testing and evaluating software, usability testing, UAT, and using relevant product testing technology
- Communication including communicating in writing or verbally, copywriting, planning and distributing communication, etc.
- Influencing including negotiating, persuading others, facilitating meetings, and resolving conflict
- Working with people with different functional expertise respectfully and cooperatively to work toward a common goal
- Experience identifying measures, or indicators of system performance, and the actions needed to improve or correct performance to achieve desired outcomes
- Expertise in developing websites for hosting via intranet or Internet, which may also include web design, web content development, scripting, and/or network security configuration
- Experience using software and computer systems' architectural principles to integrate enterprise computer applications such as, AWS Application Integration
- Expertise in service management concepts for networks and related standards such as SDLC, SAFe, Agile Delivery
- Experience using APIs for developing or programming software
- Skilled in AWS Developer tools such as CodeBuild
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: AWS Solution Architect
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Virtual-Remote, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.