Open Source Developer/Sr. BI Analyst
Location: Virtual-Remote, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 1945
Oakleaf Group is seeking an Open Source Developer / Senior Business Intelligence Analyst to design and implement business intelligence tools that enable the analysis and management of complex enterprise infrastructures. In this client-facing role you will advise, assist, and collaborate with a team tasked with monitoring, overseeing, controlling, and managing our Fortune-50 client’s enterprise IT infrastructure consisting of tens of thousands of endpoints. You will gain exposure to an exciting new open-source program at one of the world’s leading cloud infrastructures as you collect, organize and present diverse and complex data sources relating to enterprise configurations and deployment health of multiple open-source software tools.
You will lead your team to develop and deploy business intelligence tools including dashboards, reports, and other visualizations that enable understanding and management of open-source software deployments and configurations enterprise-wide. In this role, the Senior Analyst will enable the understanding and management of software deployments across diverse, complex, large environments.
- Research, analyze, gather, and pre-process diverse sources of data (including flat files, Restful APIs, SQL sources, etc.) regarding enterprise configuration and deployments of open-source software, packages, etc.
- Learn advanced desktop, on-premises data center, cloud-based data center and cloud-based virtual device configurations and configuration management including NexusIQ, ServiceNow.
- Create a unified data model that encompasses data describing configurations and deployments from diverse data sources.
- Use the data model to create various aggregate (high-level) and drill-down data sets.
- Create high-level visual presentations with drill-down capabilities.
- Create multiple dashboards for senior management and divisional managers to aggregate and drill-down into descriptive information regarding configuration and deployments of open-source software, packages, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, data analytics, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of work experience in hands-on software development for business intelligence and data analysis solutions.
- 3+ years of work experience in data analysis, including sourcing, staging, modeling, and processing in Python and R.
- 3+ years of work experience with Tableau.
- 2+ years of work experience with PostgreSQL/SQL Relational Database querying and design.
- Experience deploying and configuring open-source software and packages.
- 1+ year of familiarity with ServiceNow CMDB familiarity.
Initial duration of the consulting project is through 2021. The client is based in the Washington, DC area, and is currently operating 100% remote. Successful consultants may apply for full time employment at this client after 6 months.
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Open Source Developer/Sr. BI Analyst
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Virtual-Remote, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.