Model Validation Analyst
Location: Virtual-Remote, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 1950
For a large financial services client, we are seeking a Model Validation Analyst with experience documenting credit models, preferably within the housing industry. In this role you will be embedded (virtually) with the model development team and build the model document as they rework the real estate credit risk models.
- Build the credit model documentation as part of the model risk management function.
- Embed with an existing team of credit modelers to quickly build rapport and establish a partnership.
- Develop clear and complete econometric / statistical model documentation.
- Masters degree in Economics or Statistics.
- Probably 4-8+ years of experience, but depends on educational background and prior professional roles
- Experience preparing credit model documents is required.
- Python development experience (particularly web applications or data-intensive calculations)
- Familiarity with a Unix based computing environment
- Familiarity with dashboarding tools such as Tableau (we are using an open source variant, but ability to construct visualizations is key)
- Background in model development or model governance
- Knowledge of statistical learning methods (regression, classification, optimization problems) is required.
- Independent thinker that can challenge assumptions of previously derived and “settled” results.
- Must be a quick learner with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with modelers, business analysts and business users.
- Experience in the housing finance industry is strongly preferred.
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Model Validation Analyst
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Virtual-Remote, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.