Location: Washington, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 1967
For a large financial services client, we are seeking a PMO Project Manager to lead the efforts on a complex implementation project.
- Overall support for implementing a portfolio of change initiatives across all phases of project work
- Support the team in managing third party contracts in support of the project or program (RFI/RFQ/RFP/Selection, SOW/Contracting, Contractor Oversight, Deliverable/Time Approval etc.)
- Track action items, issues, and risks associated with assigned projects. Follow up on open items to ensure resolution and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Support the management of required project artifacts consistent with project management methodology (e.g., charters and scope, workplans, resource planning, issue logs)
- Attend weekly status meetings, providing necessary updates to management on regular basis
- 5 plus years of program management, project management, or business analytics.
- Significant direct experience working with GSE organizations in the mortgage industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Financial Services experience preferred).
- Experience with Workday or ERP's like PeopleSoft, SAP, and Oracle
- Experience in complex implementation projects and programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain stakeholder relationships at all levels..
- Excellent analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently while driving assignments from concept through deployment/launch.
- Ability to support multiple concurrent efforts/projects in various capacities.
- Prior experience with or the ability to quickly learn the use of standard project management tools, including project work plans, issue logs, and the reporting and facilitation of appropriate and effective meetings (proficiency in MS Project and Visio is preferred).
- Very strong verbal and written skills, including the ability to develop and deliver presentations/materials to various types/levels of audiences (proficiency in MS Powerpoint is a must).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced multi-task environment requiring effective management of multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Strong attention to detail and well-organized.
- Self-starter, motivated, proactive, enthusiastic and a fast learner
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Project Manager
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.