Capital Markets Business Analyst
Location: Washington, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 1971
For a large financial services client, we are seeking a Capital Markets Business Analyst with experience supporting a Capital Markets team and understanding of Mortgage Backed Securities. In this role you will be working with an external vendor to develop a more efficient solution for an existing enterprise system.
- Solicit and capture business requirements from business teams.
- Conduct working sessions to share requirements, facilitate solution discussion with external vendor and document the outcomes from these sessions.
- Break down business requirements and vendor solutions into user stories for development team.
- Drive requirements to development and into production.
- Perform manual test and conduct user acceptance test with multiple business teams.
- Support the needs to interface with existing systems of record.
- Perform a gap analysis of target state to current state environment.
- Provide project management analysis and review of policies, procedures, control documents, workflow diagrams, and other supporting documentation.
- Develop effective materials for documenting and communicating complex information to large public audiences.
- Experience with implementing end-to-end collateral management solution for OTC and Cleared trades.
- Experience supporting enterprise-wide large system transformations and navigating the existing systems landscape.
- Recent and significant Business Analyst experience supporting Capital Market environment, preferably within a GSE organization.
- Knowledge and understanding of Mortgage Backed Securities (MBS), derivatives (Interest Rate Swap, Swaption, Future), Repo, Fixed Income life-cycle.
- Knowledge and understanding of UMR, SIMM calculation and pre-trade analytics.
- Technical Skills including Calypso, Aladdin, Summit, SimCorp Dimension, TriOptima, AcadiaSoft, Bloomberg, ION, Jira, MS Office, SQL, automated testing tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required and an aptitude for engaging with senior level executives.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Risk Management, Finance, Computer Science or related fields.
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Capital Markets Business Analyst
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.