PySpark Developer on EMR/AWS
Location: Virtual-Remote, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 1986
For a large financial services client, we are seeking PySpark developer on EMR/AWS to migrate SAS models into SAS. We are looking for hands-on professionals who can build good technical solutions and then roll up their sleeves to implement the solution.
- Work with business and technical leads on the Transformation of critical Credit Risk Forecasting applications to Microservices AWS EMR Architecture leveraging PySpark.
- Provide guidance on Application Architecture, design and implementation for forecast process for credit loss and home price for Fortune 100 client.
- Work with, lead and mentor the business and technology teams. Build a solution based on cloud, microservices API's. Decompose legacy monolithic systems into Microservices and API's Running in the cloud.
- Experience with converting SAS Code to PySpark ensuring quality and maintainability.
- Experience working in EMR PySpark Performance tuning leverage EMR Architecture (Master, Cluster, and memory utilization)
- Understanding of AWS computing and data architecture to create a sound and high performing implementation for Credit Expense Forecasting Process.
- Experience with Parallel programming with Big Data, ETL, and forecasting models
- Designing API layer using tools like Apigee, AWS API Gateway, API Security, and API Framework.
- At least 5+ years of experience working in a PySpark/EMR environment
- Proficiency with one or more programming languages (Java, Python, PySpark preferred)
- Proficiency in SQL, relational and non-relational databases, query optimization, and data modeling.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent Skills
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: PySpark Developer on EMR/AWS
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Virtual-Remote, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.