Location: Virtual-Remote, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 1987
Location: Washington, DC - this role will begin as virtual but may transition to onsite over time.
For a large financial services client, we are seeking a Product Owner with technical experience in Service Reliability Engineering. The Product Owner (PO) is the member of the team responsible for defining and prioritizing the product backlog, so as to streamline the execution of program priorities, while maintaining conceptual and technical integrity of the features or components that the team is responsible for. This is usually managing a large backlog of updates and enhancements for an existing application or "product". For the features and stories in the backlog, PO defines measurable customer focused objectives.
- A Product Owner is tactically focused to clearly express the product backlog items and prioritize that backlog in the best way to achieve business goals.
- The Product Owner optimizes the development team's work and ensures that the road map is clear.
- Establish product vision and strategy for high complexity products and/or multiple products. This includes product vision, benefits, capabilities, value metrics, competitive landscape, current state landscape.
- Partner with key stakeholders on definition of target architecture for product and ensures alignment while executing product roadmap.
- Embrace and drive a modern agile project framework.
- Work with key stakeholders to define product roadmap, high level prioritization, product value metrics. Leads stakeholder collaboration to make execution trade-off decisions (e.g., achievement of target architecture vs. business value vs. infrastructure complexity).
- Lead continuous stakeholder engagement for the product team to understand needs, define epics and features, and gain feedback on design and working software.
- Manage product roadmap dependencies across products.
- Establish target product value metrics and track them throughout the lifecycle of the product.
- Communicate product vision, capabilities and value to various audiences. Report on product metrics, roadmap, and financials to tribe leads and governing bodies.
- Partner on insights gathering strategies, customer research and testing strategies, design thinking strategies, and marketing strategies. Communicate product release roadmaps and pilots.
- May be responsible for product resource level financial plan and oversight. Establish and manage product roadmaps. Establish and gain executive approval for product business cases and manage business cases thereafter. Lead first time and annual funding approval process for products
- Make product prioritization decisions. Lead discovery efforts for major capabilities, engaging external and internal stakeholders and product teams. Own product backlog.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher required
- Relevant professional certification is a plus
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- AWS cloud experience is required.
- Release Train & PI Planning experience is required.
- Agile experience/knowledge of key agile techniques including SAFe, Kanban, Lean, XP, and Scrum is required.
- Experience working with Service Reliability Engineering is preferred.
- Experience working with DevOps is preferred.
- Experience working with enterprise architecture is preferred.
- Experience working with Java or Python development is preferred.
- Experience working with automation is preferred.
- Experience developing and defining clear business requirements and research analysis to create User Stories and acceptance criteria.
- Experience engaging with key stakeholders to gather customer insights and driving business solutions.
- Experience in gathering continuous customer feedback to prioritize features and stories.
- Experience performing impact assessment for platform and downstream systems.
- Experience in building knowledge repositories and websites (i.e. SharePoint, Confluence, etc)
- Experience in building reporting dashboards (i.e Tableau, RShiny, etc)
- Experience in establishing governance and compliance policies, standards, and processes.
- Experience in developing training content and rolling out training at scale
- Must be highly proficient at communicating with all levels of management internally as well as with external customers
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Product Owner
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Virtual-Remote, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.