Location: Virtual-Remote, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 1990
For the data science team of a large financial services client, we are seeking a Python Developer to work on developing the next generation of data analytics and AI technologies. In this role, you will work on software projects that vary in size and complexity. As a full-stack Python web application engineer you will design, architect, code, and develop the entire product most often as a web application. We are looking for a person with strong full-stack development experience and the ability to take high-level solution architectures and produce world-class data analytics products in iterative, rapid development cycles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 6+ years of Python development experience
- 4+ years of front-end and back-end development
- Full-stack developer with experience with developing production-ready web applications (database, backend, frontend)
- Proficiency with Python and frameworks like Django, DASK, Flask
- Proficiency with web APIs development (e.g. REST)
- Experience with Docker / VM / Automation
- Experience in Scientific Application development with scientific data visualization
- Experience with implementing security controls in web applications
- Experience developing and using RESTful web services and JSON or XML objects for communication
- Experience with developing visualizations using Flask, the D3.JS Library, or comparable technology
- Experience with DevOps, AWS, Postgres, Redshift, S3
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multiple project environment and flexibility to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Agile experience (Scrum preferred)
- AWS experience strongly preferred
- Experience with artificial intelligence (AI) and natural language processing (NLP) is a plus
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Python Developer
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Virtual-Remote, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.