Data Engineer Advisor (Cloud)
Location: Virtual-Remote, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 1993
For a large financial services client, we are seeking a Data Engineer Advisor to advise the team on data and process architecture solutions that enable team members to develop Cloud data infrastructure and pipelines to capture, integrate, organize, and centralize data in support of different Single Family analytic/BI activities. In addition to provide expertise on the implementation of new tools or processes on the Cloud, or to migrate existent on prem processes to the Cloud successfully..
- Advise the team on architecture solutions and/or tools that help support data and/or process needs on the Cloud,
- You will interact closely with other governance groups such as Enterprise Architecture, Cloud Center of Excellence (CCOE) and Information Security to ensure our Cloud solutions and processes follow Enterprise guidelines and use approved tools and practices.
- Advise management on new Cloud tools/services or database technologies.
- Collaborate with management on organizing and integrating Cloud data into readily available formats while maintaining existing structures and govern their use according to business requirements.
- Advise management on incorporating new data sources and monitor the performance, scalability, and security of data.
- Excellent communication skills to ask questions, clarify requirements, and engage with the team and stakeholders.
- Experience gathering accurate information to explain concepts and answer critical questions.
- Skilled in presenting information and/or ideas to an audience in a way that is engaging and easy to understand using graphical representation of information in the form of a charts, diagrams, pictures, and dashboards with programs
- Experience identifying and selecting strategic options and identifying resources to meet the defined objectives.
- Strong logic, reasoning, and critical thinking skills to solve problems as they arise.
- Adaptive to change: Demonstrated ability to problem solve on the fly and tailor your approach to the resources at hand.
- Must be an independent problem solver who can evaluate a situation and build solution options.
- Working with people with different functional expertise respectfully and cooperatively to work toward a common goal.
- Ability to frame ideas as systems and analyzing the inputs, outputs, and process.
- Influencing skills including negotiating, persuading others, facilitating meetings, and resolving conflict
- Product Development skills including designing products, developing product roadmaps, translating design requirements, prototyping, etc.
- Experience helping an organization to plan and manage change in effort to meet strategic objective
- Experience in the process of analyzing data to identify trends or relationships to inform conclusions about the data
- Advanced knowledge of AWS Services/Architecture
- Experience in AWS Compute such as EC2, Lambda, Beanstalk, Batch or ECS
- Experience with AWS Storage services such as: S3, EFS, Glacier.
- Experience in AWS Management and Governance suite of products such as CloudTrail, CloudWatch
- Experience in AWS Analytics such as Athena, EMR, Glue, Redshift, Kinesis
- Strong knowledge in Python object-oriented programming
- Strong experience with AWS Database services such as: RDS, DynamoDB
- Experience using APIs for developing or programming software
- Experience using AWS Application Integration Services such as: Simple Notification Service (SNS), Simple Queue Service (SQS), Step Functions.
- Experience with AWS Developer tools such as: CodeDeploy, CodePipeline
- Experience with JSON
- Strong experience with SQL
- Experience with enterprise data lakes, data warehouses, data marts, and big data.
- Strong experience with data migration, cloud migration, and ETL processes.
- Experience determining causes of operating errors and taking corrective action.
- Experience with R is preferred
- Experience with Jenkins is preferred
- AWS Certifications Developer and/or Solutions Architect
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar
- Master’s degree is preferred
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Data Engineer Advisor (Cloud)
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located primarily in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Virtual-Remote, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.