Business Development Executive (Consulting)
Location: Bethesda, Maryland US
Requisition Number: 1997
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in data analytics, financial modeling, and enterprise transformation for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, Oakleaf employs more than 100 professionals located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
The Business Development Executive is integral to the growth and development of The Oakleaf Group’s practices and service lines. In this role, you will leverage the firm’s brand/reputation, build relationships with key executives, and professionally generate and pursue potential business leads.
This position works closely with The Oakleaf Group executive team, our Talent Acquisition and Recruitment leader, and multiple practice group leaders. This role will report to the Chief Strategy and Growth Officer.
- A key aspect of this role is to identify, contact and develop viable prospects in order to create new business revenue, while also proactively engaging current client accounts by leveraging internal relationships in an effort to get additional business and grow accounts.
- Meet or exceed monthly and annual sales targets
- Participate in weekly business development reviews with the Executives and entire Talent Management team
- Work effectively with the Talent Management team to provide necessary information to find top IT talent for our customers
- Central point of contact for customer and internal team engaged with supporting the customer's technical needs
- Follow-up on all existing business to ensure retention, quality control, and development of new business
- Use Salesforce to manage client communication, sales pipeline, and prioritize leads to effective closing
- Digital networking and/or representing Oakleaf at industry and local/regional events
- Successful track record of delivering new consultancy/professional services sales
- Proven track record of achieving and exceeding financial targets
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to be a self-starter and the ability to drive the sales process within assigned markets
- Minimum of 4-6 years experience
- Ability to comfortably communicate at both senior executive and working levels
- Able to demonstrate effective time management and task prioritization when under pressure
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Familiarity with MS 365/Office products and Excel (analyzing spreadsheets and charts)
Salary and Benefits:
This position is compensated under a competitive base salary plus bonus structure. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes a comprehensive health/medical plan, paid time off, dental and vision plans and 401(k) retirement plan.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Community / Marketing Title: Business Development Executive (Consulting)
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bethesda, Maryland US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.