Data Engineer Sr. Associate
Location: Virtual-Remote, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 1998
For a large financial services client, we are seeking a Data Engineer Sr. Associate to contribute to developing Cloud data infrastructure and pipelines to capture, integrate, organize, and centralize data while testing and ensuring the data is readily accessible and in a usable state, including quality assurance. In addition, you will help develop/implement new Analytic tools on the Cloud, or to migrate existent processes on prem to the Cloud
- Support Cloud data infrastructure needs for Single Family Analytics Purposes
- Identify customer needs and intended use of requested Cloud data to create processes that will support those needs and help augment the SFA data layer
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of database technologies, complex coding languages, and cloud infrastructure skills.
- Support the integration of data into readily available formats while maintaining existing structures and govern their use according to business requirements.
- Analyze new data sources and monitor the performance, scalability, and security of data.
- Create an initial analysis and deliver the user interface (UI) to the customer to enable further analysis.
- Experience gathering accurate information to explain concepts and answer critical questions
- Experience using software and computer systems' architectural principles to integrate enterprise computer applications
- Working with people with different functional expertise respectfully and cooperatively to work toward a common goal
- Skilled in discovering patterns in large data sets
- Skilled in Programming including coding, debugging, and using relevant programming languages
- Ability to frame ideas as systems and analyzing the inputs, outputs, and process
- Skilled in Influencing including negotiating, persuading others, facilitating meetings, and resolving conflict
- Determining causes of operating errors and taking corrective action
- Experience with Product Testing including testing and evaluating software, usability testing, UAT, and using relevant product testing technology
- The group of skills related to Communication including communicating in writing or verbally, copywriting, planning and distributing communication, etc.
- The group of skills related to Product Development including designing products, developing product roadmaps, translating design requirements, prototyping, etc.
- Experience monitoring and managing operation systems (OS), and staying current on patches, upgrades, and other elements of the OS
- Knowledge of AWS Services/Architecture
- Experience in AWS Compute such as EC2, Lambda, Beanstalk, Batch or ECS
- Experience with AWS Storage services such as: S3, EFS, Glacier.
- Experience in AWS Management and Governance suite of products such as CloudTrail, CloudWatch
- Experience in AWS Analytics such as EMR, Glue, Redshift, Kinesis
- Strong knowledge in Python object-oriented programming
- Strong experience with AWS Database services such as: RDS, DynamoDB
- Experience using APIs for developing or programming software
- Experience using AWS Application Integration Services such as: Simple Notification Service (SNS), Simple Queue Service (SQS), Step Functions.
- Experience with JSON
- Strong experience with SQL
- Experience with enterprise data lakes, data warehouses, data marts, and big data.
- Strong experience with data migration, cloud migration, and ETL processes.
- Experience determining causes of operating errors and taking corrective action.
- Experience with AWS Developer tools such as: CodeDeploy, CodePipeline
- Experience with data science platform such as: Domino
- Experience with R is preferred
- AWS Developer Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Data Engineer Sr. Associate
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Virtual-Remote, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.